Address: 1000 North Main Street Findlay, OH 45840 USA
Our calling at the University of Findlay is to help students find theirs. We have worked to that high purpose since the founding of Findlay College in 1882. The exceptional quality of our academic programs, focus on hands-on learning, and robust campus life and athletic programs have made UF into one of the best private universities in the Midwest.
At the University of Findlay, our mission is to prepare students for meaningful lives and productive careers. Findlay’s curriculum, internships and placement initiatives, campus experiences, and undergraduate research and international experience opportunities prepare students to be leaders in their chosen career paths.
60 undergraduate degrees, 10 master’s degrees, 3 doctoral degrees
- All Degrees EXCEPT Nursing.
- All Health Science degrees (i.e. Pre-Occupational Therapy and Pre-Physical Therapy) have specific requirements that typically rule international students as ineligible.
- The Pharmacy program is a 6-year program with specific TOEFL/IELTS requirements. Pharmacy also does not offer admission until student is already admitted to the university in general. From that point, there is another admission process.
Link to the academics webpage: https://www.findlay.edu/majors/Undergraduate-Majors
- Business Administration
- Education (Masters only)
- Environmental, Safety & Health Management
- Health Informatics
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) & Bilingual Education
- Special programs:
- Physician Assistant, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Training: These programs have specific requirements that typically rule international applicants as ineligible. It is strongly recommended that students do not apply for these programs.
- If students are interested in the Physician Assistant program, the only intake is in January and students need to apply CASPA.
Link to the academics webpage: https://www.findlay.edu/majors/Graduate–Professional-Programs
- Fully accredited university
- Established in 1882
- Located in Findlay, Ohio, United States
- Enrollment: 4,000 total students. 2,800 undergraduate. 1,200 graduate
- More than 600 international students from 40+ countries
- 16:1 Student to Faculty ratio
- 60 undergraduate degrees, 10 master’s degrees, 3 doctoral degrees
- Free tutoring
- More than 100 student organizations, honor societies and special interest groups and 20 intramural sports
- Scholarships available
Rankings & Accreditations
The University of Findlay ranks in the top tier of the U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges” in the Midwest and was named a “Best Midwestern College” by the Princeton Review for the last four years. UF has also been recognized as one of “America’s Best Private Colleges” by Institutional Research and Evaluation Inc., and has earned national honors for campus beauty and environmental efforts.
The University of Findlay is authorized by the Ohio Board of Regents and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission as well as the national accrediting organization for athletic training; business; environmental, safety and occupational health management; nuclear medicine technology; occupational therapy; pharmacy; physical therapy; physician assistant; social work and teacher education.
- Total: 4,000
- International: More than 600
- Vietnamese: 9
Undergraduate Testing Requirements
- TOEFL Internet-based score: 61
- TOEFL paper-based score: 500
- IELTS band score: 6
Graduate Testing Requirements
- TOEFL Internet-based score: 79
- TOEFL paper-based score: 550
- IELTS band score: 7.0
Students who do not meet the English requirement may be eligible for conditional admission through the Intensive English Language Program (IELP).
INTENSIVE ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAM (IELP)
The University’s IELP trains international students in the English language and American life customs. The program prepares students to succeed by improving their spoken and written English, using computers to prepare for classroom assignments and introducing the American higher education system. University credit is earned while studying in the IELP.
Tuition & Fees
Undergraduate (Bachelor’s of Arts/Science Degrees)
Tuition Including Scholarship Breakdown
|Tuition||Scholarship Award||Cost Per Year|
|$31,436 per year||_||$15,000 Presidential Scholarship||=||$16,436 per year|
|$31,436 per year||_||$14,000 Deans Scholarship||=||$17,436 per year|
|$31,436 per year||_||$10,000 Findlay Award Scholarship||=||$21,436 per year|
|Program||Tuition||Credit Hours||Total Cost of Tuition|
|Master of Arts in Education||$493 per credit hour||X||33 credit hour program||=||$16,269|
|Master of Arts in Rhetoric and Writing||$499 per credit hour||X||36 credit hour program||=||$17,964|
|Master of Arts in TESOL/Bilingual Education||$493 per credit hour||X||36 credit hour program||=||$17,748|
|Master of Athletic Training||$861 per credit hour||X||66 credit hour program||=||$56,826|
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)||$658 per credit hour||X||33 credit hour program||=||$21,714|
|Master of Physician Assisant||$926 per credit hour||X||91 credit hour proram||=||$84,266|
|Master of Science in Applied Security & Analytics||$710 per credit hour||X||33 credit hour program||=||$23,430|
|Master of Science in Health Informatics||$751 per credit hour||X||33 credit hour program||=||$24,783|
Scholarships & Financial Aid
University of Findlay offers the following scholarships to international students:
|Name of Scholarship||G.P.A. Requirement||Scholarships Amount|
|Presidential Scholarship*||3.5 or higher||$15,000 a year/renewable each year|
|Deans’ Scholarship*||3.0 – 3.49||$14,000 a year/renewable each year|
|Findlay Award*||2.5 – 2.99||$10,000 a year/renewable each year|
|MBA Scholarship||$2,000 over course of program|
|Environmental, Safety and Health Management Scholarship||$2,000 over course of program|
|IELP||$1,500 a year/renewable|
*Available to only undergraduate students.
Scholarships are available for fall and spring semesters only.