Address: Chicago, Illinois
Located in one of the most prosperous and busiest cities in the world, Chicago, beside the beautiful Lake Michigan, the University of Illinois at Chicago is one of 300 best universities in the world, and ranked #18 Best Under-50 Universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2019). UIC is also known as one of the most comprehensive and inclusive research univerisites at Illinois, and it is the second-biggest employer in the holy cities of famous sjyscrapers in the world.
- Biomedical Engineering (#45)
- Graphic Design (TOP 50)
- Communication (TOP 50 Thế giới)
- Computer Engineering (#55)
- Accounting (#56)
- Mechanical Engineering (#59)
- Chemical Engineering (#62)
- Computer Science (#64)
- Chemistry (#73)
- Business (#87)
Why choose Illinois-Chicago?
- Top 300 Best Universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2019)
- Top 100 best undergraduate architecture in the world (ArchDaily, 2015)
- #7 in Best Value Schools (Wall Street Journey and Times Higher Education Ranking)
- Top 25 Best Public Universities (Times Higher Education 2019)
- #75 in Best Undergraduate Engineering (U.S. News & World Report, 2019)
- UIC was funded $240 million for the purpose of research in 2017.
- The salary level of UIC’s graduates is 50% higher than graduates from colleges.
- UIC is the first US university providing a guarantee on salary for students when they take part in an internship course. Over 500 UIC’s partnered companies have been involved in this program.
Information about Chicago City:
- Chicago is the third-biggest cities in the US, following New York City and Los Angeles
- Chicago is called the best place in the world (Time Out Magazine 2017). Chicago attracted more than 55 million of travelers in 2017.
- Chicago was ranked #6 international technology center (KPMG’s annual Global Technology Innovation report 2017), and it was also one of the cities which had the most impressive increasing rate of technology-related jobs (U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2018)
- Chicago is headquartered by many large technological corporations such as Salesforce, Google, CareerBuilder, Orbitz, Groupon, RedBox, Motorola.
- Chicago is the second-biggest commercial center in the US, following Manhattan, New York City.
- Chicago is also listed in top 10 largest financial center in the world, majored by the derivatives market. Chicago possesses approximately 18% share of the international derivatives market, which is larger than all exchanges in Europe and even larger than New York exchange.
- Chicago is the headquarter of more than 400 large companies, including more than 30 listed in Fortune 500 of the US and 12 firms in Fortune Global 500.
Costs and Scholarships:
- Tuition: $30,000/year (estimated based on IAP/direct)
- Living costs: From $10,516/year
- Scholarships: Up to $32,000/4 years ($8,000/year)